This Turmeric & Cranberry White Chocolate Bark is just 3 simple ingredients and comes together in under 10 minutes!
Don’t fret friends – this isn’t a bunch of mayo with mustard swirled in it.
Ninja’s observation of this turmeric & cranberry white chocolate bark may have given me pause at first, but this recipe is just too delicious not to share anyway. I mean it’s white chocolate for crying out loud! I won’t let Ninja’s voodoo magic try to sway me otherwise 😉
So why turmeric and white chocolate? I think the better question here is why the heck not?!
I’ve gotten a bit attached to the yellow spice lately and have been having a lot of fun experimenting with it in various recipes. I know that it is typically used in savory recipes but I just couldn’t help myself with this one – why not add it to chocolate and see what happens, you know?
I’ve also had a package of white chocolate sitting in my pantry for a month now and wanted to use it up. I considered using it as a Valentine’s Day recipe, but I think I have that category well covered this year already so I decided to branch out a bit.
Try as I might I just couldn’t look past the pairing of white chocolate and cranberry, however it’s the turmeric that really took me by surprise in this Turmeric & Cranberry White Chocolate Bark. I was literally staring at my pantry ingredients trying to figure out a way to spice up this bark [get it? spice it up? 😉 ] when the turmeric just started calling to me.
How could I ignore that annoying inner voice?
I honestly had no idea how this recipe was going to turn out. I mean seriously – white chocolate and turmeric? But you know what guys? It works! Though I credit the sweetness of the white chocolate for that 😉
And with just 3 ingredients needed to create this turmeric & cranberry white chocolate bark, why on earth wouldn’t you give it a try? It’s one of those stupid easy recipes that I almost feel bad sharing. Don’t worry, I said almost!
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place 8 ounces of white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 seconds increments until melted. Stir smooth. Pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Place remaining 4 ounces of white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in turmeric.
- Drop turmeric mixture by spoonfuls on top of the white chocolate base. With a knife swirl the two together. Sprinkle on dried cranberries.
- Place bark in the fridge to set, roughly 10 minutes.
How do you take your chocolate bark up a notch?