Happy Thinking Out Loud Thursday! Let’s get random.
1. Saturday was Ninja and I’s 6 year wedding anniversary. I still can’t believe that it has been 6 years since the day we said “I do”, but I guess time flies when you spend it laughing, loving and living!
Saturday was also the day we decided to load up most of our house into a trailer, since we are moving out of LA this coming weekend! Unfortunetly that meant no big anniverary plans, but we did take time out from packing to go out to eat.
We had a $50 gift card to The Cheescake Factory, so we put that sucker to good use. I made sure to look up the menu before and check out the gluten-free items, to which they were very accommodating!
I ordered a salad [because the weather here in LA is still in the 80s] and it wasn’t too exciting so I skipped a picture of that one. It was tasty, and they made sure to supply me with a gluten-free dressing, but it was just a basic chopped salad. But dessert? Oh no, we never skip dessert!
Gluten-Free Godiva Cheesecake
While there is a plethora of main course dishes to choose from that are gluten-free, they only have one gluten-free cheesecake. I’m more of a traditional cheesecake fan, but this one was good! I had to take half home though because wowza it was sweet!
2. Since Ninja and I didn’t plan on anything big for our anniversary, we also decided not to swap gifts. Moving is expensive, so we’ve put all of our extra cash to that. Except of course my sneaky husband just had to go out and get me a jar of my favorite nut butter!
3. Who here celebrated National Coffee Day on Tuesday? I finally got around to Starbucks [it’s been a while!] and picked up one of their super cute fall cup designs. I’m such a sucker for stuff like this! I think these things are adorable and yes, it does make me want to go more often. These cups just make me happy!
It hurts my soul to say this, but I have yet to have any sort of pumpkin flavored coffee yet. It’s hard to get into the fall flavors when it’s just so gosh darn hot here still! I’m looking forward to the cold winter mornings and evenings that will be coming soon when I move though!
4. Speaking of trends [see that transition?] have any of you jumped on the “Man-Bun” train yet? It actually makes me laugh, because I’ve been rocking this trend in my own way for years! It’s where my nickname “Pebbles” came from, because as a kid I would put up half my hair so high on my head it would look like Pebbles’ hair!
5. Like I said above, Ninja and I literally packed up almost our entire house, which unfortunetly means the bulk of my workout equipment. Thankfully I was able to convince him to keep out one or two of my favorite pieces of equipment.
I wanted to keep my squat rack too [because duh it’s amazing] but I realized that I could get just as fantastic of a workout with my kettlebells. So I’ve been swinging that baby around for my cardio workouts! I’ve neglected my kettlebell a bit too much since getting my gym membership, but gosh this thing really is one of the best pieces of workout equipment ever.
6. The waffle obsession is getting just a touch out of control, but I don’t see it slowing down any time soon.
That’s right people, I’ve got yet another waffle recipe coming at you soon! This one isn’t a traditional waffle, which makes me love it that much more.
True story, Big Sissy as already put in her order for Banana’s Foster Waffles when she comes to visit me. I’m so excited to share them with her and her Nuggets!
7. A co-worker gave me a gift card to my favorite pizza joint as a goodbye gift, so Ninja and I made sure to hustle over there this week to spend it before heading out of town. I’m going to miss this place!
Blaze Pizza is pretty much like Chipotle, but for pizza! And they offer a gluten-free crust [though it’s $3 more!] so I love the options at this place! I got my normal – the Veg Out pizza with half the cheese and added spinach, artichokes and olives. Somehow though, they forgot to add the sauce. Ninja offered to go back to get them to just toss some on, but it was still fantastic without it!
As I mentioned above, Ninja and I should be heading out bright and early Saturday morning to move out to our new home! It isn’t 100% official yet [paperwork goes so slow] but we are hoping, praying, and wishing for it! So if I’m out of sorts next week, it’s because I’m in my new place surrounded by a mountain of boxes that need to be unpacked.
Did you celebrate National Coffee Day?
Are you on the Man-Bun trend?