PlantFusion is a 100% plantbased company that produces protein powders and supplements. The following is a PlantFusion Lean review – a dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and rice-free plant based protein powder line.
I am super excited about today’s review.
As soon as I was approached about reviewing PlantFusion’s Lean I knew I wanted to try it out. As someone who is always on the lookout for new protein powders to try out I was excited to sample a plant based one, but this powder is more than a simple protein powder. Let’s get in to the facts about PlantFusion Lean and break it all down!
From PlantFusion’s website:
- EcoLean The only protein shown in clinical testing to be 35% more effective than whey protein for curbing hunger. Also rich in amino acids for enhanced muscular energy and recovery.
- 8 grams of soluble prebiotic dietary fiber to modulate blood sugar levels, combined with chromium and banaba leaf to assist in the metabolism of sugar and carbohydrates.
- 20 different superfoods ranging from exotic fruits, to sprouted grains, and cruciferous greens. All carefully selected to provide a reservoir of antioxidants and phytonutrients that will energize your body.
- Lactospore probiotic is shown in scientific studies to maintain stability & potency longer than other probiotics. Plus the natural enzyme bromelain which helps with inflammation and protein digestion.
My PlantFusion Lean Review:
The Pros –
- Flavor – I find the flavors of PlantFusion Lean to be pretty subtle in terms of taste. Neither were overly sweet or pungent which is great for me since I like to use my protein powders in smoothies and homemade energy bites. I prefer a more subtle flavor to my protein powder and neither the chocolate nor vanilla were overly bold. They also didn’t taste chemically or fake which I appreciated!
- Superfoods – Not only is PlantFusion Lean a high quality protein powder but it is also a superfood supplement. How awesome is that? I don’t think I have ever seen the two combined and as someone who is always searching for ways to bulk up her diet I really appreciate the additional superfoods.
- Nutrition – There is not only no dairy in this product but there is also no gluten, no soy and no rice. Non-GMO and 100% plantbased and organic when possible, this powder fits into pretty much every lifestyle. There’s also 21 grams of protein in just 170 calories, which is fairly comparable to most whey protein powders on the market.
The Cons –
- Proprietary Blends – I’m a big fan of transparency, as you guys know. While proprietary blends aren’t necessarily a bad thing, I do like to know exactly what I am getting in the products I am using. While I appreciate the added superfoods into this product I only wish that the superfoods added were broken down into exact amounts. I know that’s getting picky but I like to know exactly how much of what I am getting!
And that’s it for my PlantFusion Lean review! Now of course I can’t just tell you guys all about this powder and not show you guys exactly how I used it, right? 😉
Well of course I used it in a smoothie!
But guys, this isn’t just any smoothie. This smoothie is a PB& J Smoothie – one that is packed with protein, complex carbohydrates and my favorite…healthy fats!
And no, I didn’t purposely try to make a heart. It just happened…I swear…..
Ya’ll this smoothie – I’m in love. Love, love, love it to the point where I’m dreaming about making it the next day. I’ve had it two days in a row now and it’s just amazing. The protein powder pairs perfectly with the other ingredients in this smoothie and offers such a wonderful flavor to the peanut butter and jelly combination. It’s pretty much the bomb.com 😉
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 4 large strawberries, fresh
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 scoop PlantFusion Lean vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon all natural jelly
- Place all ingredients except for the jelly into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pulse in the jelly then pour into a mug.
So there you have it – my PlantFusion Lean review!
While the proprietary blend thing bums me out a bit I do 100% think this product is amazing. The fact that you are getting solid protein as well as superfood nutrition in the same powder is an incredible feature. I hope that you guys will try out PlantFusion [and the above recipe!] and let me know what you think of it!
Have you ever tried PlantFusion products?
This PlantFusion Lean review is 100% my own words and opinion. Though I was sent the product I was not paid in any way for this review and all thoughts are my own.