These Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Bites are grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free! Made from coconut flour, these pizza bites are low in carbs but high in fiber and protein.
Fridays and pizza were made for eachother, am I right? 😉
But before we dive into these Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Bites, I’ve gotta say that after a full day of teaching classes yesterday [ I taught all 5 of them!], I can officially say that I’ve got the personal training bug. I was apprehensive teaching the evening classes, especially because of what happened last week, but the classes were awesome and I had a really good time. I also introduced the classes to some Tabata Finishers which were composed of DB snatches and jump squats – they simultaneously hated it and loved it. I was pretty pumped to be a part of all the sweat that was dripping everywhere!
Unfortunately my gym is currently going through a bunch of changes so I’m not sure how long I will be able to hold on to my position, but I’ve had a really great time teaching, motivating and getting to know all of my clients. I’ve definitely learned a lot about myself throughout the process – but I’m not going to say my goodbyes just yet. I’m still clinging on for as long as I can!
Now on to some pizza.
Was anyone a fan of those mini pizza bites as a kid? I personally was not [I wanted the real deal!] however I do know that Ninja and my siblings love them. Yes, my 20-something year old husband still eats pizza bites. We are quite the pair, aren’t we? 😉
Anyway, a few weeks ago I whipped up a paleo microwave “english muffin” and it wasn’t until after I had finished it off that I realized what a perfect vessel it would be for pizza bites. So that’s exactly what I did with it!
And it. is. perfection.
The english muffin itself takes under a minute to cook, then after allowing it to cool for a few minutes you top it with your desired toppings before popping it into the oven. Mine were toasted and melted in just a few minutes and they made for a great lunch!
I don’t really do the low carb thing very often, however I do enjoy playing with my diet as well as the macronutrients that I’m eating, so incorporating some lower carb meals such as these paleo pepperoni pizza bites is a fun yet tasty way to do that.
To keep these pizza bites paleo I opted for dairy free cheese here, however feel free to use full dairy cheese if you want! Then you will have a delicious grain-free pizza bite instead of a paleo one – but it will still be low carb, full of fiber and high in protein.
So, who’s ready for some pizza bites? It’s Friday y’all – time to celebrate! 🙂
- For the Crust:
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices turkey pepperoni, quartered
- fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and italian seasoning. Whisk in eggs and mix until no lumps remain.
- Divide batter between two small ramekins that have been well oiled. You can also use a coffee mug. Microwave each ramekin for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Run a knife along the edges to gently remove and set aside to cool.
- Once crusts have cooled, slice each one in half. Divide sauce, cheese and pepperoni amongst the halves, sprinkling with fresh basil.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and crusts are toasted.
Were you a pizza bite fan when you were younger?