A delicious snack bar bursting with blueberries, these Paleo Blueberry Bars are sweet enough to curb any sugar craving but wholesome enough to be eaten at breakfast!
Oh look at that – another blueberry recipe.
I know I just posted a blueberry recipe yesterday [ Blueberry Banana Muffins ] but I just can’t get enough of these tiny berries of blue. Plus, I’ve been holding on to these bars for quite some time now. I first showed them to you guys about a month ago, then proceeded to be bombarded with other recipes and freelance work that I forgot all about them.
Poor Paleo Blueberry Bars of bliss. Seriously, I might end up changing their name to that. Make these dang bars and you’ll understand why. #addicting.
I know I’m not 100% paleo, but since going gluten-free I have really fallen in love with paleo baking. There is something so amazing about the texture and flavors of both almond flour and coconut flour that make for quite literally the best baked goods.
I’m still learning the best ratios of these two flours, but I think I struck gold with this recipe. These Paleo Blueberry Bars are the perfect texture – dense but fluffy, stable but crumbly and light but full of robust blueberry flavor. Robust…not sure I like that word.
Anyway, the point I’m making here is that the texture of these bars is phenomenal. Now on to the flavor.
As we discussed a bit yesterday, blueberry is one of those fruits that pairs well with almost anything. Lemon, orange, coconut, lime, banana, chocolate – the list goes on and on. These bars however, are naked as the day you and I were born. Well, naked in the sense that it’s just allllll about the blueberries here.
But I mean really, with bloobs bursting like these ones, why on earth would you need to add another flavor?
Another very important aspect to these bars is the sprinkling of the blueberries on top of the batter. Trust me guys, it makes for a tasty, blueberry explosion with each bite. It also means you will be using an entire package of blueberries for just 8 bars, but these blueberry bars are well worth it.
The other great thing about these paleo blueberry bars is their cooking time. With just 20 minutes needed in the oven, these bars make for a quick treat when you need one. And let’s be honest here, I always need a quick treat.
And now without further delay [since you’ve already had to wait a month] here are the Paleo Blueberry Bars that I have been obsessing over!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle on blueberries evenly and press down into batter slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Add different flavors such as orange, lemon, or coconut for a different twist on these delicious bars!
Want more blueberry recipes?
Do you bake in a different lifestyle than you eat on a day to day basis? [I bake paleo mostly, but don’t eat paleo!]