These No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are the perfect sweet and salty treat! Gluten-free, vegan and no bake!
This recipe was 110% an accident. A happy one – but an accident nonetheless.
Here’s what happened:
I was working on a new snack bite recipe [more like eating tablespoons of nut butter while simultaneously trying to think up a new combination] when I decided that the pretzels I had in my pantry would pair really well with my spoonfuls of nut butter. But when I opened said pretzels I realized that they were crumbs – every.single.one.
Like, did the packaging guys do a little jig on top of the bag or what? How on earth does every single pretzel end up broken?! I was pretty miffed to be honest, until I realized what I had.
The perfect makings for sweet & salty goodness!
So that’s the route I went with these Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars.
Instead of dunking said pretzels into the nut butter as a snack while I thought up a recipe, I combined the two in my food processor along with a few other ingredients to create something sweet, salty and ohhh so delicious. Unbelievably delicious, in fact.
After slicing these bars up to sample I immediately walked over to Ninja and shoved one in his face.
“Eat this.” I said [in my nice voice, of course]
“You should totally make more of these,” he replied as he shoved the entire thing into his mouth.
Yep, Ninja approved folks!
But you know who really loves these peanut butter bretzel bars?
I brought over a few bars to get the family’s opinion on them and Little Sissy attacked these things. I literally could’ve lost a finger y’all. She inhaled her first bar and was up off the couch retrieving her second before she’d even chewed her last bite.
Just saying – if both Ninja and Little Sissy [my two toughest critics!] raved about these bars then they must be pretty darn good. And the best part? This sweet and salty treat is actually healthy.
Check out these ingredients:
- gluten-free rolled oats
- oat flour
- gluten-free pretzels
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- chocolate chips
Those look like ingredients for a granola bar, right? That’s why I love these peanut butter pretzel bars so much. I have zero issues with giving them to my siblings or to Ninja as a “dessert” because they are such a wholesome treat! Sneaky, right? 😉
Which is probably why I’ve made so many batches of these bars.
Since first creating this recipe two weeks ago I have now created these Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars four different times. You do the math – that’s a ton of sweet & salty goodness! I’m not complaining though – and neither is my family!
The truth is though, the real reason why I made them so many times was so that I could re-shoot them. Guys the photos for these peanut butter pretzel bars through me for a loop. For some reason I just didin’t like anything I was seeing – and I’m still not totally satisfied with these photos! In the end though I took some of your advice and stopped being so hard on myself – after all, this recipe is too gosh darn amazing to keep to myself! 🙂
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup oat flour, gluten-free
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, soft
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips, dairy-free
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add the rolled oats and oat flour; stir to incorporate.
- Add the pretzels to a food processor or a bag and crush them until they are broken down. You don't want them to be powerdered but you don't want large chunks either. Stir pretzel pieces into the bowl.
- With wet hands, press the oat mixture into the lined baking dish. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir, then heat 30 more seconds. Stir until melted and smooth, then pour chocolate over the oat mixture.
- Set dish in the fridge to set, roughly 10 to 15 minutes. Slice into 12 bars.
What’s your favorite sweet & salty combo?