I’m so glad you all loved my DIY 365 Reasons Why I Love You book! I’m really not creative, so it meant a lot that you guys liked it.
I figured since it’s Christmas time and all, I would share a bit of my Christmas list. Honestly, I don’t really like getting gifts and would prefer to GIVE them, but my hubby would go nuts if he couldn’t get me any gifts, so here’s my list!
1. Music. I’m a huge music lover, and actually have a pretty eclectic taste. I love a little bit of everything! The 2 main CDs I want this year are
2. Movies. I’m a big movie lover, but the movies can’t be horror or gore. Not really a fan of those. Most of the time I prefer movies that are light and funny, but every once in a while a good suspense movie is fun too.I love dance movies. And this one has some pretty good music in it too. Christina may be a little crazy, but her pipes are made of gold.
3. Stuff for my house. I love to decorate, but that takes a lot of money sometimes. So whenever someone else can contribute to making my home look cute, I’m very appreciative. Although gift cards to place like Home Depot, Ikea or Target are just as good. I could spend hours and plenty of money in those stores making my house look more homey!
4. Food. Gosh this is kind of sad, but each year I literally BEG Ninja to buy me some special food items. Things like nut butters, teas, dark chocolate, nuts, and different kinds of flours are always on my list. I just love to try new things, but a lot of the time I feel bad spending extra money on myself especially when I know Ninja won’t touch the stuff!
5. Freestanding Punching bag. You didn’t think I’d skip out on fitness stuff did you?! This is the one gift I REALLY REALLY want this year. I absolutely love to kickbox. There are times when I am so mad or frustrated, that all I want to do is lock myself in our garage and beat the crap out of a punching bag for 20 minutes.
I would prefer a freestanding one simply because I don’t think our garage rafters are strong enough to hold a hanging bag. We have termites in there, and I have visions of going to town on the bag only to have it fly off like in Captain America. Yes, I am that strong.
In all honestly, I wouldn’t mind if I didn’t have anything to open on Christmas morning. I don’t know how, but somewhere along the way we seem to have forgotten the true meaning of the day. Even if you don’t believe in God and the birth of Christ, the meaning of Christmas still isn’t gifts. It’s giving, love, and family. So I would love to just sit around the tree and watch my family tear into their gifts, and take in the joy on their faces. That to me, is one of the best gifts I could ever get.
What’s on your Christmas list?