My lovely friend Amanda tagged me the other day with this reward, so I figured I would give it a shot. I’m such a sucker for random posts and surveys anyway!
Rules: Share 7 things about yourself and then nominate 7 other bloggers for the award.
1. I’m a huge sports nut. Like, really really big. Which is why most guys are intimidated by me I’ve been told. I have a team for almost every sport. Kings for hockey, Rams (and Packers) for football, Angels for baseball, Lakers for basketball, LA Galaxy for MLS soccer, and Man U for English Premier League soccer. Oh and of course there is Rafa Nadal for tennis and Serena Williams for tennis. I’ve also got quite the collection of jerseys.
2. I live 10 minutes from the beach, but rarely ever go. I used to go to the beach a lot when I was younger, but that was when I had someone to go with. Now a days, I’m a loner, and Ninja is always working, so I don’t see much of the beach. When I was still living at home I used to drive down to the beach with my Bible and journal and be out there for hours. I think I might start doing that again when Ninja is working and I’m alone.
4. I don’t actually measure the add-ins when I bake. Why should chocolate chips be limited to 1 cup? And why should blueberries ever be measured? Sure, the recipes I make up always have a limit on the add-ins, but when I make them I just kind of dump and go. Nothing wrong with that right?
Side Note: I really need to make these again. Can I still make them even though it’s technically Spring and all?
5. Jax is super grown up now, and I’m kind of depressed about it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad the puppy stage is over with, but she was so gosh darn cute. Now I’m left with this behemoth.
6. I’ve been electrocuted. Growing up, my Papa lived right next to a farm. I was helping him pick fruit off his trees when I noticed the horses in the next yard over. I walked over to the fence to see them, and grabbed the wire in front of me. I couldn’t figure out why it was shaking so much. Oh, that’s why. It zapped me flat on my butt. Papa and Daddy came running over, and the tears instantly started flowing. Needless to say I don’t grab on to fences anymore.
7. This verse has some serious staying power. This is the #1 thing that people ask me about. How can God allow children to become sick and die? How can God let thousands of people be washed away in a tsunami? How can God just watch while people kill eachother? The answer to those questions is never easy. If you don’t have faith in Him, you just aren’t going to see it. God never intended on these things to happen, but when sin entered the world, all of these tragedies became possible. Yes, God allows them to happen. But He also allows us to live with Him forever in a place that neither you nor I can ever imagine. God lets these things happen because this place is not our home. What happens on Earth really doesn’t matter in the long run, because we have eternal life with Him in paradise.
Now for the nominations:
Tell me something random!!
Do you measure your add-ins? Please tell me I’m not the only one who just dumps it in!