This chocolate hemp seed smoothie is chock full of complete protein, healthy omega-3s, antioxidants and more. Gluten-free, vegan and paleo, this Chocolate Hemp Seed Smoothie is a great plant-based source of fuel!
I can 100% whole-heartedly confess that this Chocolate Hemp Seed Smoothie has become my go-to.
My go-to for what? For a snack. For a quick post-workout refuel. For a chocolate fix. Ya’ll this sucker not only has a creamy, rich taste and texture but it also has an incredible amount of nutrients that your body is just begging to get a hold of. Which, lets be honest here – can’t we all use a bit more nutrition sometimes? I know I do!
Alright so let’s break down this ingredients list. This smoothie has:
- hemp protein powder
- almond milk
- cacao powder
- hemp seeds
Nothing but goodness ya’ll! I know that most smoothies tend to be on the healthier side thanks to the fruit and veggie based ingredients, but this one gets a little extra oomph from both the hemp protein powder and the hemp seeds. OH! and the cacao powder. Didn’t you know that chocolate was good for you? 😉
But seriously guys – the nutrition in this one smoothie is pretty outstanding.
Let’s break it down real quick:
- Hemp protein powder – 100% plant-based protein that is chock full of amino acids. In fact, hemp protein powder is a “perfect” protein source because it includes all 9 essential amino acids that our bodies need [because we can’t make them].
- Cacao powder – Antioxidants to the max! Cacao powder contains a rich amount of flavonoids which help to combat free radicals in the body, protecting the body from heart disease, cancer and even early signs of aging.
- Hemp seeds – A terrific source of not just healthy omega-3 fatty acids but also amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
Not bad for a “simple’ smoothie, huh?
Do you understand now why I am so obsessed with this chocolate hemp seed smoothie?
But wait – there’s more! [this blog post just turned into an infomercial, apparently] Not only does this smoothie provide vital nutrients for your body but it also tastes like a freaking chocolate milkshake. I’m not sure if it’s my brand of hemp protein powder or what but every time I make this smoothie I feel like I am indulging in a rich, creamy chocolate shake. Seriously! It’s pretty amazing.
If you’ve never tried hemp seeds or hemp protein powder, I encourage you to look into purchasing a small bag to sample. They really are a beneficial superfood and have so much to offer your health and body! I make smoothies almost daily and have tried plenty of different ingredients but hemp seeds are one that I go back to and use time and time again. I just love those little things!
- 1 banana, frozen
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop hemp protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- My hemp protein powder is from Organic Meets Good. I highly recommend it!
Looking for more smoothie recipes like this Chocolate Hemp Seed Smoothie?
Have you ever tried hemp seeds?