These gluten-free and vegan Chocolate Caramel Crunch Cups are a no-bake sweet treat that combines the delicious crunch of brown rice crisps with a sweet, creamy homemade caramel sauce!
If you thought Monday’s recipe was drool worthy, well I’ve got news for you. This recipe I’m sharing today most definitely gives that Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread a run for its money.
Before we dive into this crazy good recipe though, I have to send out my thoughts and prayers to those in Texas who have been affected by the devastating storm that hit this past weekend. Sometimes its easy to forget that our neighbors just the next state over are suffering when things are bright, sunny and clear where we are at. I urge you all to send aid, prayers or donate to the Red Cross if you can. My heart is heavy for those who have lost loved ones and for those who are now without a home. You are all in my thoughts and prayers <3
Alright – now onto some chocolate goodness!
So do you guys remember how I mentioned my obsession with all things chocolate lately? Well, that clearly has not let up. In fact, I might just come right out and say that my chocolate obsession is at an all time high, though with these Chocolate Caramel Crunch Cups now sitting in my fridge there really is no question as to why.
**Update** These Chocolate Caramel Crunch Cups are no longer sitting in my fridge and are instead residing in my very happy belly.
You guys remember me telling you how Ninja was out of town this past weekend? Well on Friday I found myself missing him and thus needed a way to console myself. So I did what every mature, married woman would do – I flipped on the Hallmark channel and rummaged around in my cupboard for some chocolate.
Unfortunetly for me I didn’t have any chocolate readily available to grab other than chocolate chips, and while the thought of dumping the entire bag into my mouth sounding pretty appealing, I decided instead to put the chocolate chips to good use and create something that would truly curb my chocolate craving.
And curb it did, friends.
Though if I’m being 100% honest here, the real star of these cups isn’t the chocolate at all.
These Chocolate Caramel Crunch Cups are made with just 3 ingredients:
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal
- homemade vegan caramel sauce
Any caramel sauce can be substituted in place of the homemade caramel sauce, however the one linked above is a dairy-free and vegan caramel sauce that I would highly suggest using. Not only does it taste incredible but it also adds such a silky and creamy quality to these cups.
And the best part? These beauties come together in just a few minutes! I popped mine in the freezer for just 15 minutes to harden before I dove in for a taste. The result was absolute perfection, which is why they didn’t even make it past the weekend #sorrynotsorry
But guys, if you’ve got the time [aka 10 minutes] and the ingredients [ only 3 needed!] then I highly suggest you whip up a batch of these Chocolate Caramel Crunch Cups right.now.
No seriously – what are you waiting for?!
- 1½ cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal
- vegan caramel sauce [or caramel sauce of choice]
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, microwave 1 cup of the chocolate chips in 30 second increments until melted. Stir in the brown rice crisp cereal until well incorporated.
- Using a spoon, add one spoonful of chocolate mixture to each muffin liner. Smooth and press down lightly to flatten and lightly shake the pan.
- Add ½ to 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce to each chocolate cup. Place pan in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Once cups have hardended, melt remaining ½ cup chocolate chips and distribute amongst the chocolate cups, covering the caramel completely. Place cups back into the freezer for 10 minutes or until hard.
- Store cups in the fridge until ready to eat.
Have you ever made your own homemade chocolate cups / peanut butter cups?