Don’t let dinner get all the glory this Cinco De Mayo. Start the day off in party-mode with these loaded Breakfast Nachos! Meat free, gluten-free & dairy-free, these nachos are 100% customizable to YOU! Load ’em up how you want, then DEVOUR them!
So I kind of did something naughty, but I am 100% not sorry about it.
The other day Ninja and I were buying chips for a BBQ at my parents house. I wanted to grab the cheapest corn tortillas on the shelf [because seriously they all taste the same] but apparently my husband is the pickiest chip eater in the world because he refused THREE of the chips I chose.
Cheapest ones? Too flimsy and broken.
Scoops? Doesn’t like the scoop.
Lime flavored? Chips should be plain for dipping.
So after about 10 minutes of standing in the chip isle arguing about which chips to get [relationship goals anyone?], Ninja finally settled on the 2 for $5 chips. But of course I didn’t want those ones. What the heck were we going to do with 2 bags of chips? BUT it was the kind he wanted and it was nearly $4 for one bag, so obviously the better deal was to get two bags.
You must see where this is going by now.
Ninja left for business earlier this week, leaving me alone with an opened bag of chips that I just couldn’t let go to waste. We freaking bickered over those dang things – they had better get used up! So not wanting them to go stale I let my creative juices flow and came up with something ridiculous easy, tasty, and perfect for tomorrow’s Cinco De Mayo festivities.
Breakfast nachos. It’s the latest and greatest thing ya’ll, so get on board the nacho train to blissville.
The cool thing about breakfast nachos though is that you can literally customize them in a zillion different ways. I’m thinking of making a cookbook – 365 days of nachos. What do you think? Next best-seller?
Since these breakfast nachos were for no one but me, myself and I there was no meat involved, but these nachos would be just as delicious with some breakfast sausage or bacon tossed in. I also kept the nachos dairy-free by using dairy-free cheeses [for the love of cheesiness, invest in the good kind that actually melts!], but feel free to use regular dairy cheese here if you so desire.
But the best part is the toppings, so load those suckers up! I topped mine with tomatoes, black beans, fresh cilantro, green onions, salsa and of course avocado. Oh and a squeeze of fresh lime because I love me some zesty flavor!
I’ll just leave this one here 😉
And while this specific recipe is for just two servings it is easily doubled or tripled if you need [or want!] it to be.
Assembled and cooked up in under 15 minutes, these loaded breakfast nachos are the perfect way to start your Cinco De Mayo holiday [or any day in general!]. Load them up how you want them, then devour that cheesy goodness!
- 2 servings tortilla chips [make sure they are 100% corn for gluten-free]
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Daiya cheese, Classic Blend or other cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons Daiya Jalapeno Havarti or feta cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into cubes
- 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the two servings of tortilla chips into a round 8 inch pan.
- Scramble the eggs, then spread onto chips in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the Daiya Classic Cheese mixture.
- Add the black beans and tomatoes, then sprinkle on remaining Classic Cheese mix.
- Bake nachos for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top nachos with green onions, cilantro, salsa, avocado, freshly squeezed lime and Jalapeno Havarti.
- Add bacon or ground sausage for meat lovers!
- Use shredded pepperjack or other cheddar for dairy lovers.
- Additional toppings: sour cream, jalapeño, red onion
Looking for more breakfast ideas like these Breakfast Nachos?
This post is linked up for Gluten-Free Fridays.
Ever had breakfast nachos before?