Well hello there strangers.
Long time no chit chat eh? Sorry about that (ok, not really) but Sissy and my little nuggets officially headed back to Texas yesterday, so I am once again back to my normal routine. Might I just say first though, this whole hello / goodbye thing really sucks. First it was Little Bro and Little Sis now its Sissy and my nuggets. I’m pretty much emotionally exhausted now. Goodbyes can suck it.
It’s going to be another loooong 9 months before I get to see Sissy again, and since that fact alone is enough to send me into a deep depression filled with ice cream comas, I’m going to just focus on the positive. Ready for some marvelous recaps?
1. I turned Big T into a Mini Me. Big T sat and watched me workout a few times, and then decided that my punching bag was the coolest thing ever, and became quite the exuberant boxer.
2. Linc learned to crawl…AT MY HOUSE. I may or may not be super stoked to hold those bragging rights and may or may not be shoving that into my mom’s face. Just sayin’….I’ve got that Auntie KK magic.
3. Disneyland is indeed the happiest place on earth. We hit up Dland for 11 hours. Did you catch that?! 11 HOURS! Of walking. And holding. And sweating. But let me just tell you, it was beyond worth it. Baby Linc didn’t cry ONCE. He was stuck in his stroller almost all day (or was being held by Auntie KK!) and even though he barely slept, barely ate, and was sweating like a piglet, he was happy as pie. What a little sweetheart. Big T was my little companion all day, and absolutely refused to go on a ride without me. He had to be my seat partner for every.single.ride. Needless to say, I was all melty and gushy inside. That kid made me feel like the best Auntie in the world, and I didn’t even have to do anything except share my popcorn!
4. I finally got some sister/sister time. Do you guys have any idea what it’s like to be apart from a sibling for over a year? It blows. It’s no secret that my older Sissy is pretty much my role model, so being separated from her awesomeness for over a year is basically like torture. It was nice to be able to just hang out and talk about life, dreams, struggles, ect without being on a phone or seeing each other through a computer screen.
5. In 9 months, they will be back. That is what I am clinging to right now, and is pretty much the only reason why I can even remotely smile today. I was a mess yesterday, and didn’t want to talk to anyone or even be around anyone. It was one giant mope-fest that’s for sure. BUT today is all about focusing on the marvelous things right? At least, that’s what I keep telling myself!
Update me on what’s marvelous in your life!