Today’s got me in a jumble of emotions [explanation below] so let’s just jump right into some randomness
1. Today’s the day in which I had to say goodbye to Sissy and my nuggets. Talk about a sucky way to start your morning. Thankfully they are moving back to Cali, to a military base only 5 hours from me, so hopefully I will be seeing them a lot more [until they get re-stationed in 16 months]. It’s just hard to say goodbye to these adorable little faces….
Big T and I had to play the Silly Face game while Sissy and my mom were in the store for 5 hours. Ok, so it was like 10 minutes, but it felt like 5 hours because I was starving. This kid sure does love to take silly pictures!
This kid kills me with that scrunchy face. Or as I like to call it, his flirty face. Dang kid is going to be a handful in high school, just calling it right now!
2. On a happier note, Little Bro informed me last night that Little Sissy made Nationals, which means she will be making her way down to me to dance in them!! I am so unbelievably stoked for her, and can’t wait to have my entire family down here! Slight panic mode though…Mom #2 is like an interior decorating super star. I may or may not be scrambling to get my house in order so that she feels slightly proud of what I’ve done around here. Pinterest here I come!
3. There are times that I am really proud to be an American and other times that I want to go hide myself in a dark corner. Anyone heard of the KFC Double Down?
That would be bacon and cheese sandwiched between two pieces of fried chicken. Cue gag reflex. Apparently this is a limited time [thank goodness] item at Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants. Does anyone else feel that this place is single handedly trying to kill Americans? Because I kind of do. I mean seriously people?!
4. There’s been some not so great things happening in our church lately [yet another Youth Pastor bites the dust] and it’s been bringing me down. How are we, as High School leaders, supposed to nourish and grow these kids with their relationship with Christ when we have a revolving door of Youth Pastors?
Then this quote smacks me across the face and I realize that it’s all taken care of, because God is on our side and He has a plan for it all. Our job is to simply hang in there and hold tight to these kid’s until we have a new leader for them. Those kids better be ready for a big Kat bear hug. I’m not letting any of these kids out of my embrace!!
5. Saturday is Bestie’s 1 year wedding anniversary. Seriously? Didn’t I just give her away like three months ago? Man time sure does fly….
Speaking of time, it’s been like a month since I’ve actually had quality Bestie time. Does anyone else feel slightly empty and incomplete when they don’t get enough best friend time? I feel like my head is about to explode with all the things I need to talk to her about!
Thoughts on the KFC Double Down?
What restaurant menu item completely disgusts you?
Ollo…. [quick, name that movie!]
Intro this morning comes courtesy of Big T, who apparently thinks he’s a big, blue headed mastermind. Not sure if that kid is always floating with both oars in the water, but I’ll look past that cause of his cuteness
Breakfast…Wheat Toast topped with Mighty Maple PB, Naner & Boysenberry Jam with a Homemade Cinnamon LatteLet’s not even discuss how ridiculously obsessed I am with these homemade lattes right now m’kay? Literally have been making two a day recently…talk about addicted! It’s not really that great of time considering that the weather has been warming up, but I really could care less. And the toast? Well, I honestly haven’t had much time for breakfast in the mornings due to the fact that I spend my breakfast time making lattes. Oops.
Lunch…Lucielle’s Garden Burger
Let’s not even talk about the fact that Tuesday was Sissy’s last day with me. Let’s not even bring up the fact that her and her nuggets are getting on a plane and flying away. Let’s just…focus on the veggie burger. Sissy has been dreaming about this burger since she got here, and I couldn’t very well put her on a plane without getting her one! Hands down the best veggie burger in any restaurant.
Snack….Pumpkin Banana Breakfast Cake
I baked up a batch of this marvelousness this weekend for Sissy to try. The verdict? Two thumbs up! I knew I wasn’t just tootin’ my own horn when I told you guys it was amazing. Although I had that monster veggie burger for lunch [sans bun)] I was still a bit hungry when 4pm rolled around, so I snagged myself a little snack. I suppose I could’ve waited for dinner, but where’s the fun in that?!
Dinner….Chicken & Cheese Wrap with Broccoli
Leftover chicken is my favorite. Talk about a no-brain-needed kind of meal! Shoot, I didn’t even do anything to the broccoli other than steam it. Boring? Maybe. Delicious? Definitely. My veggie consumption has been less than stellar as of late, so I’ve been shoving broccoli into each and every meal I can. I’ve also been having the hankering for a nice spinach salad, so get ready to see something on the horizon! [hint…]
Late Night Snack….Biscoff This stuff seriously can’t be in my house. Sissy snagged some from the grocery store the other day and [of course] opted to leave it behind for me. Enter in numerous spoonfuls of this magical creation. Guess that’s what happens when you grind up purely cookies and stuff it into a jar…
Nothing like going to bed with a tummy full of cookies!
Best veggie burger [or regular burger] you’ve ever had?
Favorite nut butter?
Last Friday I had a conversation with a co-worker that I just can’t seem to shake. The topic? Carbs.
In case you couldn’t tell from my food posts, I’m a carb girl. I’ve tried the low-carb thing and all it taught me was how much I loved carbs. I felt sluggish, dizzy and slow without them, so I refuse to cut them out of my diet. To be honest, I thought the low-carb craze was over, but much to my surprise, it’s not.
I was literally blown away Friday when my co-worker started talking about how he didn’t want to have to give up his beloved bread to lose weight. I sat in stunned silence as he went on and on about how he knows carbs are bad for him, but he just can’t seem to let them go. Once I was finally able to shake myself out of the shock, I did my best to explain the facts to him.
Carbohydrates are not an enemy. They are not a diet killer, or a fat gainer, or a sabotager to your favorite little black dress.
Carbohydrates are in fact, your body’s favorite source of fuel.
The trick to carbohydrates, is avoiding the bad while focusing on the good:
- Reap the benefits of good carbs by choosing carbohydrates full of fiber. These carbs get absorbed slowly into our systems, avoiding spikes in blood sugar levels. Examples: whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and beans.
- Minimize the health risk of bad carbs by eating fewer refined and processed carbohydrates that strip away beneficial fiber. Examples: white bread and white rice.
Did you know? Studies show an increased risk for heart disease with low-fiber diets. Just another reason to fill your diet with fiber-rich complex carbohydrates.
Here’s where people tend to get lost. Carbohydrates are actually made up of sugars. Instant red flag right? Not exactly. Simple carbs (white bread, pastries, ect) are made up of only 1 or 2 sugars while complex carbs (whole grains, vegetables) are made up of 3 or 4 sugars. This is why simple carbohydrates lead to a spike in blood sugar, while complex carbs, due to the amount of sugars involved as well as the fiber, keep your levels at a steady incline.
So what does this all boil down to in the end? Carbs are only "bad", and I use that term loosely, if you are choosing the wrong ones.
Now will your body go all haywire and pack on 15lbs if you have a PB&J sandwich on white bread or a basket of fries along with your burger? No, it won’t. Bad carbs don’t have to be off limits entirely, as long as you are balancing those foods with better choices most of the time. There’s nothing wrong with a nutrient lacking meal every once and a while, but maybe that’s just my opinion.
Simple swaps, from “bad” carbs to good
Swap white pasta for whole grain
Swap store bought snacks for homemade double chocolate chip granola bar
Swap refined muffins for wholesome ones
Swap sugary cereal for whole grain, lightly sweetened options
Main point? You don’t have to give up your bread to lose weight or get healthy. Carbs aren’t the devil or the reason you aren’t getting the results you want, but the carbohydrates you have been eating might be. Swap out the bad for the good and watch your body change the way you really want it to.
Anyone else shocked to discover that some people still think that carbs are the reason they are overweight?
What’s your favorite carb rich meal?
Oh. My. Lanta.
Life is insane, did you know that? I’ll elaborate in just a minute, hang with me here….
1. Baby Sissy has more sass in her pinky finger than I have in my entire body.
I mean, really? Look at that face! Gosh this girl kills me…Still flying on cloud 9 over here for her. I just can’t believe how hard she is smashing these competitions. I mean, I knew we were an athletic family, but no one in our family has ever been a dancer! And she’s not just a sassy hip-hop dancer, but a graceful jazz and talented tap dancer too. It’s so nuts…
2. This kid cracks me up with his facial expressions.
This is the “Auntie KK please stop making that face at me” look. Look at that smug little grin! He’s just too much….and even though he destroys my house and bullies my dog, I can’t help but fall for that face of him every.single.time. Because really, how could I possibly say no to that?!
3. This is what happens when the drive through at Mc Donald’s is slow. Just watch it….and turn the volume up!!
Ok, let me explain. Like everyone else in the world, Big T is obsessed with the song Happy. It’s from a kid’s movie from crying out loud, so of course he loves it. While waiting for forever in the Mc Donald’s drive-through, this song came on so T made me crank it up. We were singing away, which I found adorable, so I snatched my phone to catch a video. Of course T then got embarrassed and didn’t want to sing anymore, but you can see towards the end how badly he wanted to sing! It was just too cute not to share
4. Speaking of the Mc Donald’s drive-through, our sole purpose for the trip? To pick myself up some fuel.
Sugar free vanilla iced coffee
I’ve known about the wonders of Mc Donald’s coffees for a while now, but apparently Sissy needed the 411. We picked some up the other day and she is officially hooked. We both got the hankering while strolling around Target today, so we snagged ourselves one on the drive home. The funniest part? It took us 10 minutes to figure out where the closest Mc Donald’s was, only to realize that there was one literally down the street from me. Can you tell I never go there?
5. Alright, now to the part about how insane life is. So, Sissy’s hubby is in the Air Force. Earlier this year, he was told they would be moving to Monterey so that he could take on a new position. Sissy and him planned on moving out here in late April. Then, the military informed them that his job was no longer open, and they would be staying in Texas. That reason alone was the sole purpose for Sissy coming out here for the past month. She wanted to spend some time with us now that she knew that they would be stuck in Texas for Lord knows how long. Well, the military being the insane thing that it is, called Sissy’s husband today and informed him that his job was open again, and that he was due to report May 5th. Cue insane hair pulling.
I’m stoked beyond belief, don’t get me wrong. Monterey is a heck of a lot closer than Texas. The timing is just insane, and it kind of makes Sissy’s entire trip out here pointless. She could’ve been spending this time packing, getting their house prepped, finding renters, and saying good-bye to friends. Now, they literally have 3 weeks to do all of that. Crazy crazy crazy…
Here’s to praying the military doesn’t call and change it all again tomorrow…..
Mc Donald’s coffee: love it or hate it?
Any insane change of plan stories?
Let’s get it started [HA] let’s get it started [IN HERE!]
Wow Kat, have another cup of coffee would you? Sheesh….
Breakfast…Kashi Honey Shunshine with Strawberries & Almond Milk
It’s hot here guys, like stick-your-head-in-the-freezer, hot. I’m not sure how long it’s going to last, but it has pretty much sucked up any kind of morning appetite the last few days. Instead of skipping my favorite meal [seriously, why would you skip breakfast?], I’ve switched to cereal in the mornings. It only took a few days to realize however, that one bowl of this cereal does not have enough oomph to keep me full. I ate this around 7:30am, and my tummy was growling by 9am.
Morning snack….Apple & Mighty Maple Peanut Butter
Told you I ask addicted to this peanut butter. Notice the bruising on my poor apple? Well, this cool kid decided it would be awesome to dump her entire bag of apples all over her kitchen floor yesterday. Major fail. I’m hoping the others aren’t bruised too badly. This one only had a small spot thankfully!
Lunch….Garlic Peanut Soba Noodles with Broccoli
I was actually shocked by my choice of lunch today. Where’s the snack plate? To be honest, my vegetable tally was low the day before so this was kind of a make up meal. And it’s another excuse for me to sneak some peanut butter into my day. I know, I know, my fat intake is out of control, but I really don’t care. This meal is such comfort for me, and it literally takes 10 minutes to make, so it’s a perfect meal for my work lunches. I just whip it up the night before and stuff it in my lunch bag the next morning!
Post Workout….Protein Green Monster Smoothie
I’ve actually run out of protein powder, so my post workout smoothies are now being loaded with cottage cheese and greek yogurt to give me the protein boost that my body needs post workout. I actually think that it’s good to give your body a break from the chemicals every once in a while, so while I do enjoy my protein powder, sometimes I just want a protein boost from something a tad bit more natural. Plain greek yogurt is by far my favorite ingredient besides bananas to toss into smoothies. I love the tang it gives along with the staying power from the protein.
Dinner….Egg, Tomato & Cheese Sandwich with Grapes
When the heat kicks in, my desire to cook vanishes. That’s my only explanation for this dinner. Ninja had his own dinner since he’s not a fan of the egg sandwich, but I happily munched away at this beautiful creation. Sometimes it’s the simple things that are the tastiest!
Late Night Snack…..Banana Soft Serve with Chocolate Chips
Although I still have Pistachio ice cream in my freezer, I opted for banana soft serve to satisfy my sweet tooth craving. Due to my ridiculous insomnia, I’ve been kind of messing around with my diet, and one trigger I think that I’ve found is having sugar late at night. I found when I had ice cream in the beginning of the week for dessert, I didn’t end up falling asleep until after 1am, even though I went to bed around 10pm. With the soft serve however, I was able to fall asleep around 11pm, after laying in bed for only an hour. Could be coincidence I suppose or a million other things, but I’m sticking to this for a bit to see if maybe it’s the answer!!
What is your go-to quick and easy dinner?
Anyone else have issues falling asleep when you eat sugar at night?
Well Monday, we meet again.
I’ve been all over the map lately, so seeing as how I’m still working off little to no sleep and I have no inspiration to write up a blog post that requires real brain power, you’re going to get a jumbled post of current likes and dislikes.
Current Food Obsession….Nut butters. Ok so this isn’t really a current love, more like an everlasting kind of obsession, but I snagged these two nut butters up this weekend during a 2 for $6 sale and am ridiculously addicted. Mighty Maple is already half empty because Sissy and I decided it was too good to leave on the cupboard shelf. We literally went to town on that stuff. White Chocolate Wonderful is good too, don’t get me wrong, but there’s something ridiculous about that maple….I’m thinking it’s laced with crack.
Current Object Of Pride….Baby Sissy. Remember when I told you she was a hip-hop star? I wasn’t just blowing smoke. Sissy moved up in division this weekend to dance against some more advanced dancers and she still won it all. Seriously, no one can stop that crazy little ginger! Mom #2 called me and told me all about it over the weekend and I may or may not have shed a tear or two.
Current Favorite Workout….Shoulders. I carry my weight in my arms (like all the women in my family) so since I have started lifting heavy, I have really focused on building the muscles to give me some sort of definition instead of just a giant stump of an arm. It’s been crazy frustrating and hard, but I’m finally starting to see a tad bit of definition and I am loving it.
Current Frustration…Insomnia. I need sleep people. I need it so badly.
Current Injury….Raspberry on my hip to my shin. Just more scars to add to the others. I don’t mind the scars or the look of it as much as I hate the fact that I have to wear shorts for a week. I’m wearing the baggiest shorts I have and they are still managing to rub my poor leg the wrong way. I told Ninja we had entered a “pants free” zone around the house for a few days. He was excited to say the least.
Current Favorite Combo…Rice cake with cream cheese & boysenberry jam. This isn’t a new combo to me by any means, but man did I forget how freakin’ delicious it was. I’ve been having it pre-run, post-run, mid morning snack, late afternoon snack, and any other time of day that the craving hits.
Current Indulgence….Pistachio ice cream. I don’t buy ice cream often, but when I do, it’s Pistachio Nut. Fun Kat fact: pistachio is my favorite ice cream flavor, which is why I’m obsessed with the Italian Neapolitan ice cream flavor known as Spumoni.
Current Song….Battleships by Daughtry. I happened on to this little gem by accident really, and now I’m totally hooked. I just like the melody a lot, and I’ve got a soft spot for Chris Daughtry
But we stick to our guns
and we love like battleships
Current Footwear….my lifting shoes. Obsessed with these things probably a tad bit too much, but I really don’t care! They are so ridiculously comfortable, and to be honest, they pretty much scream my name. I’d take kicks over heels any day, although if I could pull off heels without looking like a total dork, I would probably rock those more than I do.
Current Wish….That Sissy & her nuggets would move here. It’s getting to the end of her time here, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to lose it when they have to leave. The issue is not knowing when I’ll see them again. Will Lincoln even know me? Will Big T have different hobbies and likes? It’s the same thing I go through with Baby Sissy and Little Bro. It’s the uncertainty of it all that just breaks me down.
What am I going to do without this cheeseball?
What is your current food obsession?
What is your current wish?
Friday, you have never looked so sexy.
Sorry, but I’m just so dang thankful this stupid week is over. I know it’s no longer Thursday, so this post might seem a tad bit off, but I just couldn’t miss my Amanda’s link-up, so here’s my randomness for the week!
1. Who here has contacts? *raises hand* Who here has ever had one go wonky on them mid-way through their work day? *slams head against desk* Seriously, I spent an hour fiddling with the stupid thing trying to get it to unblur. It was fine one moment and them BAM! Not able to see out of my right eye. I moved it around, took it out and rinsed it, ect ect and nothing worked. So I spent the rest of my day looking at my computer screen with my right eye closed. Pretty sure the new guy that came in today for a job interview thought I was winking at him….
2. Ninja and I went to a hockey game Wednesday night with Bestie and her husband. GO KINGS GO! My boys crushed it, securing us a playoff spot. Creepy moment on the way in however. Some sleezy looking guy out front was trying to sell tickets (illegally) and as we walked past all I head was “Lookin’ good girlllll.” I snapped my head to look at Bestie, who then promptly started laughing. We have no idea if that was directed at either one of us, but it was so ghetto that I was laughing too hard to even care that I may have just gotten hit on by a slime-ball.
3. I’m not sure when exactly it happened, but somewhere between age 20 and now, I’ve decided to start introducing myself as Kat. Kat has always just been a nickname, given to me by my soccer girls since it was a quicker way of getting my attention on the field, but the other day at Starbucks I realized that I had given them the name Kat instead of my full name. Then, when I met our new Youth Pastor, I introduced myself as Kat. Also, almost all of my friends call me Kat now, which isn’t much seeing as how I don’t have any friends, but that’s an entirely different matter. The point is, I feel like I’ve taken on some sort of alter ego.
Kat is pretty much always spelled right by the baristas…maybe that’s why I never give them my full name? They butcher it like crazy…
4. Little Sissy has another dance competition this weekend. Gosh I wish I could upload her performances to show you guys. Maybe one day I’ll figure that out. Anyway, now that I’ve had a little taste of her competition life, I think I’ve become addicted. Not necessarily to all the makeup and outfits because…woah. Not ok with some of that stuff on a 10 year old, but I guess it’s the culture. Regardless, I’m just so dang proud of my little twin. She’s the opposite of me in every way up there, but that doesn’t mean that I am any less proud of her. All made up and ready for her performances!! I did her hair and make-up, which Ninja said qualified me as a “Dance Mom.” I promptly socked him in the shoulder for such an insult.
5. Do you ever find yourself pausing during the day to just think about all you have that others don’t? I’ve noticed it’s been hitting me quite a lot lately. There’s so much devastation, so much pain, so much anguish and death out there, but my little world feels so unblemished. Having Sissy here with her two nuggets just really brings to the forefront everything that I have in this life. My past might be broken and a tad dark at times, but this life is far more than I have ever deserved. Sometimes it just hits me out of nowhere and I have to drop to my knees to pray for those who are less fortunate and thank God for the blessings in my life.
Do you have a nickname or certain name that you prefer to go by?
Ever watched that show Dance Moms? It literally makes me cringe….
Sometimes I am my own worst enemy. Anyone else ever think that about themselves? I know I can’t be the only one. Ok, maybe I can, but just make me feel better and tell me I’m not.
Sometimes I get so caught up in my own head. I get too focused on fat, carbs, protein, the right amounts, the wrong amounts, the right time, the wrong time…blah blah blah. The truth is, sometimes I just want to freakin’ eat.
So that was my goal today. I’ve had a crap week with my insomnia in full swing. I’m literally living off caffeine and 5 hours of sleep in two days. I’ve already had 2 breakdowns and it’s only Wednesday. So today I threw my rule book out the window. I stopped worrying about how big my snacks were, how colorful my meals were, and what times I was eating. I just kept it simple.
Simple Breakfast cinnamon banana oats with a scoop of greek yogurt, chocolate PB & bloobs
By the way, thanks for the tip about the yogurt Amanda! While I wasn’t a fan of how it cooled my oats off, I just popped it in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm it back up. I loved the texture it gave the oats, and who can say no to a boost of protein?
With a side of this…
Stop staring at my baby thumb. I know it’s unusually tiny but you know what they say; small but mighty, right? I was praising the Starbucks gods this morning for allowing there to be one literally next door from my work. I do have a keurig at work, but no k-cups or coffee grounds, so it was Starbucks to the rescue this morning.
Simple Lunch wheat wrap, spinach, turkey & hummus with an apple
Maybe it’s because it’s Spring time now, but I have been craving wraps and sandwiches like nobody’s business lately. I mean these things are literally the simplest lunch you can make. No cooking required, no fancy ingredients, and no restrictions. I love having the freedom to just search through my fridge and throw in whatever I want! My nutrition side told me to have carrots on the side for the extra veggie, but all I really wanted was a freakin’ apple, so that’s what I had!
Simple Dinner tex-mex salad
I’ll never get sick of this salad, although my husband probably will, so I should probably stop making it for dinner once a week. While this little salad is actually loaded with nutrients, for me it’s more of a comfort thing. It’s Mexican food for crying out loud, and it’s got all of my favorite flavors in there. I tried once to experiment with spinach and other greens to boost the nutrition a bit, but in the end, nothing beats out regular ol’ romaine.
Simple Snack(s)apple #2 & string cheese
Two apples in one day? Oops. Sorry I’m not sorry.
PB & dates
The best part of this snack? I don’t even bother to measure out a serving size. Sometimes I’ll throw a handful into a mug, but why dirty a dish? 5 or 8 or 10 dates later and I’m pretty satisfied
Moral of the story today? Keep it simple, stupid. Stop thinking too much, enjoy your food, and at the end of the day you might just surprise yourself by how content you feel.
Does your mind ever screw with the way you eat or when you eat?
Have you ever just not thought about what your eating and just simply, ate?
So, I completely skipped month 2 in this little goal series of mine, but you are all going to completely forget about that because you love me, right? Right Guess that’s what happens when I bite off more than I can chew. I promise not to skip any more updates because well, this is kind of a big deal to me.
The last update I gave you guys about my “Love All Of Me” goal was a pretty cheery one. I rocked that 1st month, and it really boosted my confidence. But like all things, nothing good lasts forever.
March was just an outright hectic month for me. I literally felt like I couldn’t catch my breath all month long. It was go go go all the time, and while some people thrive in a life like that, I do not. I’m not lazy by any means, but I am a scheduled and routine filled person, so when something comes from left field and tosses me off my yellow brick road, I tend to get a little rattled.
Toughest Moment: My trip to Texas. The struggle in Texas came from the lack of workouts. While I wasn’t eating massive amounts of food or really anything too different from what I usually eat, my workouts were few and far in between because of our day to day adventures.
Yes, we were active. We walked around town, a museum, ect. I played with my nuggets daily, hoisting them up & down, chasing them around, but when it came to a real workout, I only got in 2 or 3 in the 7 days that we were there. By the end of the vacation, I was really struggling mentally.
The thoughts were there…don’t eat so much, you haven’t been working out….you can’t eat that extra snack tonight, you only walked today….no dessert tonight, you’ve had too much food today already….
I noticed my thoughts changing when it was time to eat. Instead of “hmm what sounds good?” it was “ok, I need to keep it light.”
Triumphant Moment: That wedding. It started off all sorts of bad. I was negative, I was down, and I was hating everything about myself, until Ninja stepped in and somehow altered my entire perspective. I could have shrugged off his compliments like I used to. I remember the day when I would sass him when he’d tell me I was beautiful. I thought he was just trying to please me…for some reason I could never believe that he meant it.
Instead of letting my sucky attitude ruin the entire evening, I straightened myself out and ended up having a wonderful time. That was a huge accomplishment for me.
So in all, I pretty much failed my goal this month, but I’m in no way discouraged. A victory should never come easy, and when it comes to recovery and an ED, the road can be unpredictable to say the least. While I may have let my ED thoughts get the best of me a few times this month (ok, a lot more than a few times), the victory to me is that I was able to recognized it and not let it consume me. I fought it’s grip, each and every time I felt it trying to pull me under.
Focus on the positives, not the negatives, if you truly want to be free.
Have you noticed your attitude toward food change while on a vacation?
What’d you do about it?
Anyone else as exhausted as I am? Good thing today is totally random!
1. As you’re reading this, I am more than likely standing in a very long line. Don’t feel bad for me though, because that line happens to be at the Happiest Place on Earth. That’s right peeps, I’m at Disneyland!! Whenever Sissy is out we always try to take her nuggets to Disney, and this time Linc is over 1, so hopefully he will actually get more enjoyment from the trip than he did last year. Sissy and I will be trading off carrying him on our backs, which means by the end of the day I will be officially exhausted. Who needs to workout when you can walk Disneyland with a 20lb baby on your back?
2. Speaking of, watch this quick video and try to tell me this kid is not the cutest thing in the world. Apparently, my water bottle is the most entertaining thing ever, because Linc and I played this little game for over 20 minutes before he moved on to something else!
CUTEST. BABY. EVER.
3. Remember that wedding I went to on Sunday? Well, I neglected to tell you guys something pretty interesting that happened….
Anyone recognize this guy?
That would be Nick Jonas, of the Jonas Brothers. Cue, all the high school girls in attendance to squeal. I’m going to be honest, while I’m not a fan of the Jonas Brothers music, I did kind of get excited about the fact that I was in the same room as a celebrity. I mean, how often does that happen? Apparently he and the bride’s family go way back, so he and his girlfriend were in attendance. Kind of sweet right?
4. Another note about the wedding. I know my post on Monday was vague about the wedding itself, but there’s one important part of the wedding that you all should know by now is my favorite. THE CAKE. I was all excited to get my grub on some fancy wedding cake, until we arrived and I realized that the entire thing was covered in fondant. EWW. Have you ever eaten fondant? Why oh why would you cover your ENTIRE wedding cake with plain, blue fondant. There wasn’t even a design on it!! Needless to say, my frosting craving is still in full swing. Stupid fondant.
5. This song. Ohhhh this song. Just been rocking out to it for the past few weeks, no big deal. Ok but really, I’m obsessed.
Caroline Forbes from The Vampire Diaries anyone? She’s a hottie. Although I don’t watch that show, I do know that she’s engaged to the guitar player from The Fray. Kind of cute that she’s in his video. Wow…I’m a cheesy mess….
Are you a fondant fan? It tastes like chewing gum to me….
Ever been in the same room as a celebrity?